The Nature of Moons

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 96 23:05 MET DST

This stuff about HQing to impregnate the sun (and reaction thereto) has triggered some synapses and produced a weird insight:

Whoever performs this quest to prove a female sun will end up putting a moon into the most prominent position in the sky. All the moons I have encountered on Glorantha so far were female. Apparently a moon is able to give some kind of birth to other bodies, whereas a sun only is able to create by dividing up or concentrating parts of its essence.

The sun god Dayzatar (sic) "thinks up" his "children" (Ourania, maybe the first moon(?), Pole Star (?), other stars), the sun god Yelm produces some pure division parts (Antirius, Bijiif etc.) and does the dirty thing to produce planets and their ilk in first or later generation (Buserian, Raiba, Alkor, others I'm less sure of), (Dara Happan) Lodril simply does the dirty thing after releasing some of his powers on the world (though I am not sure about the Dara Happan acceptance of the Lowfire myth).

Only:
If the gender of a stellar body has this importance, how does it manifest other than in the worshippers' activities.