Lifting the Curse of Kin

From: Martin Crim <mcrim_at_erols.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 20:29:28 -0400 (EDT)

Simon Phipp writes:
>I do not think that the whole Curse can be lifted.

I don't believe it's any more impossible than lifting the Closing and I think Dormal, in fact, points us to the way to do it: bypass it, don't meet it head on. Now just what the "indirect approach" to Gbaji's curse is, I don't claim to know. IMG, some Illuminated trolls in Halikiv had bred humans with trolls and produced "new trolls" (uznu) who were inferior to uzko but far superior to enlo. Unlike tusk riders, they had darksense. They couldn't digest rock, and they had some other limitations I forget. In Sandy's view, that cross-breeding shuold have produced enlo, but clearly cross-breeding can, at least under some circumstances, produce a new breed--the tusk riders being the best (possibly only) example.