Troll Fears

From: Martin Crim <mcrim_at_erols.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 12:31:39 -0400 (EDT)

Contrary to Ian Gorlick, I think the Uz are afraid of Subere. Any rational being is. Darkness has an aspect which is unknown and unknowable, unnameable and unspeakable, the darkness where light can never go, the oldest dark, black beyond black. "Uz know; I experienced it." Fear it. All the darkness gods participate in this aspect to some degree, and there is a frightening aspect to Xiola Umbar, even. Certainly the story from the new Trollpak is scary enough.

The spell I object to, because it seems so obviously designed for monsters to use against PC's, is Kyger Litor's Blinding.