HeroQuesting

From: Hasni Mubarak <richo_at_vicon.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 16:27:27 -0400

There has been a lot of debate over how HeroQuesting affects the real (Gloranthan) world. I like the philosophy that you can change MYTH, but that MYTH isn't HISTORY. Somebody mentioned that you could create a hero path and save a small town, keeping it safe from the forces of Chaos. Then, forces of Chaos could later quest and be the opposition that you defeated the first time. Sooner or later, presumably, they will overcome you. (Maybe) I assume that each time they fail, the Myth is strengthened, and each time they succeeded, the Myth would be weakend.

Now, which matters more, how thouroughly the Myth is crushed, or how many people overcome it?

Rich