Healing, alcohol and auras

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 22:38:59 +0100

Looks like my question about non-ReGrown limbs has been well and truly answered!

Once I've got the magical healing ideas sorted, I was wondering about how natural healing seems to work, as well. We're told all over the place that disease is vitally important in Glorantha, much worse than the RW. In that case, wouldn't the real danger from injuries be infection? It was quite bad enough in the RW pre-penicillin! Various reasons have been given why magical healing might not be applied, at least at once (and in-game, we've often been so low on magic that anything non-crippling got ignored). I would have thought that a major use of First Aid would have been to prevent infection - washing the wound, whether with alcohol or whatever, would help. (I've heard that certain human products are very good at this sort of thing, providng a natural antiseptic, but this may be a little too crude for play!) Glorantha is meant to be _more_ disease-prone than the RW, and having had a 1-millimeter cut go septic due to lack of treatment, I think the RW is quite nasty enough.

Lewis: thanks, I'll read up on TCM & acupuncture. I've heard rumours that Greg is into shamanism, so that may be the way to go: if I can understand it!
* Jane Williams * The answer to any either/or question is "yes" *