Curse of Kin

From: SimonPhipp_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 18:24:42 -0400

>Simon Phipp writes:
>>I do not think that the whole Curse can be lifted.
>
>I don't believe it's any more impossible than lifting the Closing and I
>think Dormal, in fact, points us to the way to do it: bypass it, don't meet
>it head on.

The Closing has not been lifted - if you go onto the open seas in a boat without Dormal's Ritual, you will be hit with the full force of the Closing - whirlpools, sea monsters, unending banks of fog, giant waves or whatever. Similarly, even if the Curse of Kin is circumvented it means that you will have a spell which blocks the effect temporarily - allowing the current birth to be of usko rather than enlo.

This means that any troll who wants to bear normal children can do, but those who do not use magic will have a chance of not breeding true. Much like the Closing now.