more minor matters

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 11:54:13 +1200

James Frusetta:

>Just for curiousity's sake: did any Trolls continue to stand behind Gbaji
>after the Uz representitives broke from the council? (Not that any
>self-respecting troll would, but...) Not any sizeable number, but did any
>faction, tribe, temple, etc. maintain allegiance?

Some did. I suspect they were wiped out in the Wars or cleansed in the same way that the Yolp Mountains was purged of Moon Worship as described in Trollpak.

>Further: would/did Gbaji create an _alternative_ myth regarding Korasting
>for loyalists? If any trolls did stick around, it would probably be
>necessary to leave in a loophole for them. ("Hey, thanks for sticking with
>Me and the Council. Sorry, but your children will be retched, stunted little
>mutants. But thanks.")

It would go something like: your kin has summoned the Black Eater. This has caused your kind to become sterile. Great Nysalor has managed to partially alievate this curse but some of your offspring will be born Enlo.

Nick Effingham:

>...but the fundamental
>point is that there is no fundamental differnce between a god and a star.
>Many people think the stars are gods just like them. The point of the
>arguement is that because Arkat can appear in many forms so can the Moon
>goddess - that's all.

You're also arguing that the Blue Moon is the corpse of the Red Moon and this is what I am taking issue with. There is a massive difference between a Divine being in human form and a Planet (for starters all gods do not manifest as planets). Arkat can manifest as two different people on earth but he does not manifest as two different planets in heaven.

And just to stop us arguing in circles: if the Red Goddess was the Blue Moon then why didn't she take on the characteristics of the Blue Moon when she was resurrected? Why hasn't she absorbed Blue Moon when she ascended into heaven?