Blinding

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cs.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 11:25:27 +0800

>The spell I object to, because it seems so obviously designed for monsters
>to use against PC's, is Kyger Litor's Blinding.

        Think of it like shades - I think Blinding blocks more sense than just sight. Primal Darkness, like Subere, blocks all senses - its an aspect of primal darkness (remember, there is freezing cold numbing touch and smell, etc.).

        Trolls regard it as a gift from darkness that they have senses that continue to work in places were Darkness is strong (such as dark places and cold places), but they know that real darkness removes them as well.

        Compare, for example, Agimori, who have a special relationship with Heat. They can continue to function in situations where others are disabled by heat, and they use heat/fire against their enemies. But they still know that primal heat will char, burn and melt them.

        Dave