Godswall - the earliest Dara Happan utopian "text"

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 96 17:54 MET DST

Trying to aid David Cake in his argument with Peter Metcalfe:

Peter:
>It depends when the Gods Wall was created. Because there is no Crooked
>Neck (Storm) Rune, an Artia Rune or even an Uleria Rune (all were
>planets that appeared later on), then it follows that the Gods Wall must
>have been crafted before this.

Why? What makes you think that the Gods Wall was an astronomical document? TO me it looks like a polite work of fiction, really. It may well depict a scene from a glorious past (myth) which a later divine ruler ordered done.

>It may seem 'reasonable' to you that they throw in planets that
>weren't around any more, but the wall is a descriptive representation
>of the Cosmos.

As it "should" be...

Really, we have no definite mythistorical connection of the Gods Wall's origin, let alone an exact date. Using Entekosiad as Dating source (assuming some linearity in the events) we could place it to during or anytime after the Second Error, with Brightface in a position of power. It may well have originated after the Emperor of Raibanth had been slain by the terminal rebel, in order to admonish the survivors to live as perfect a life as possible.

The Lodril Hero with the Adamant Chisel still would be required, plus the Prometheus-like figure to nick a slab of Truestone from the Spike (aka Yuthubars?).

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #674