Moons...

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 96 20:56 MET DST

Peter replying to Nick Effingham:

>>...but the fundamental
>>point is that there is no fundamental differnce between a god and a star.
>>Many people think the stars are gods just like them. The point of the
>>arguement is that because Arkat can appear in many forms so can the Moon
>>goddess - that's all.

Or the Sun God ;->

>You're also arguing that the Blue Moon is the corpse of the Red Moon
>and this is what I am taking issue with. There is a massive difference
>between a Divine being in human form and a Planet (for starters all gods
>do not manifest as planets).

True. However, it seems that Annilla (as per Troll Gods) has given up any "human" form she might have possessed, when she entered the soulless body of her last child by He Who Moves.

>Arkat can manifest as two different people
>on earth but he does not manifest as two different planets in heaven.

As was pointed out to me, he manifests as three visible stars. (Are there two more, invisible stars, one of Darkness (troll aspect) and one on the outside facing the Void (chaos monster aspect)?)

>And just to stop us arguing in circles: if the Red Goddess was the
>Blue Moon then why didn't she take on the characteristics of the
>Blue Moon when she was resurrected?

Maybe because the Blue Moon never was an acceptable heavenly body to the Dara Happans, and thus made her son not eligible as Emperor of Dara Happa. She did not try to emulate Annilla, or a repaired Annilla, IMO. What's the point in that?

>Why hasn't she absorbed Blue
>Moon when she ascended into heaven?

It seems that she actually fought aspects of the Blue Moon to ascend into the Middle Air. Castle Blue was assaulted by her. (Maybe she did absorb some of its substance, too - that Fading Land has faded even more ever since...)

But then she did not ascend into heaven properly, only into Middle Air. As some dwarf almost said, "she hasn't stopped ascending yet."