Deadlocked Elections

From: Nick Brooke <100656.1216_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 30 Jun 96 03:26:24 EDT

Martin butts in:

> I have to butt in to express an obvious exception: when the tribal ring
> (or whoever elects kings) is hopelessly deadlocked, an outsider is a very
> attractive candidate. "Anybody but a Greydog." "Anybody but a Poss." "I
> know, let's pick this war hero over here." Ross Perot, anyone?

We have this in KoS, don't we: if the candidate flubs, the Trickster stands in for a year as King of Fools, while the candidate heads off into the wilderness as an Outlaw Rex. (If that isn't in KoS, treat it as a freebie: I know some Orlanthi do this). That adds spice to the Perot parallel, doesn't it?

Nick