Alcohol

From: SimonPhipp_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 17:49:41 -0400

>I look on it being a physical effect as on earth. Similar to a poison
>effect

See Vikings for the effects of alcohol on humans. Trolls are less affected, but if they drink too much, they can become drunk. Troll drinks are generally non-alcoholic, being mineral mixes, sometimes poisonous, sometimes acidic, not suited to humans.

Intoxification spirits may well exist - spirits can do most anything with a good writeup. However, they would not be the sole causes of intoxification - if the mostali drink (which I am not sure they do) they would not use spirits to become drunk. Certainly, pure malkioni would have no truck with spirits and they certainly like a tipple.

We play that Heal Body and Treat Poison have effects on drunkeness - Chalana Arroy healers giving you a violent emetic "for your own good" spring to mind. Certain people also use loud noises to cure hangovers - at least that's what they tell the sufferers.