Re: Orlanthi public opinion

From: Martin Crim <mcrim_at_erols.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 19:10:50 -0400 (EDT)

I tend to agree with Ken's observations, but the Roman model (and the Intifada model) do not adequately address the religion issue. I don't think Gloranthans, taken as a whole, view religion more seriously than Terrans do. But the Lunars are proselytizers while the Romans and Israelis weren't/aren't. The best historical parallel _in_that_respect_ (alas, since it's also the best parallel for the Malkioni generally) is the Islamic Conquest. Tolerant to a point, but expansionist. Few other states combined widespread military conquest with religious conversion.