Moons again

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 1996 12:08:09 +1200

Nick Effingham:

Me>>There is no need for [the Red Moon] to become the White Moon and
>>she doesn't according to KoS.

> Where in Arkat's name does it say she doesn't ascend to become the White
>Moon? According to the Zin Letters there is a wonderful astrological object
>that fits the description. Or are you referring to Argrath's Saga?

What Zin said is that she could have become the Little Moon aka the White Orbiter. This could easily be Dendara (Moskalf to those who only have Elder Secrets). Or it could have been another planet that popped up during the Illiteracy era. And that is only one of the possible suggestions he had as to what became the Red Moon. To assume that the White Orbiter is the White Moon is like believing that Murharzarm is Grandfather Mortal IMO.

[Nick used the BoDR to support an identification of Sedenya with the Black Moon. I commented to that the book also equates Sedenya with the Draconis Stella. Nick then theorized that Tyram, Sedenya and the Dragon were all seen as Chaotic by the Starseers.]

He then adds:

>Whether it's a valid conclusion or not, is another story. But then this
>has nothing to do with the moon. A bit like your reply.

But you *used* it to as evidence that Sedenya was the Black Moon. That is why I singled it out.

>Obviously you *accidently* forgot to reply to the rest of my last post
>which gave a perfectly reasonable theory as to the why and wherefores
>of the Blue/Red Moon story. I'm sure you'll make up for it.

I thought I explained that in the section to Cake's reply that I felt it better to explain where people (IMO) are missing the point with assuming that the Red Moon was Blue and will be White rather than violate Rule #2. Everything else I had to say about your 'perfectly reasonable' theory was in there.

>BTW, the shirt which buckles backwards -- obviously a Nyslorian Riddle.

The answer, grasshopper, is straitjacket.

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #682