Conscription

From: ANDOVER_at_delphi.com
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 1996 23:45:59 -0500 (EST)

Sandy writes:
I do not believe that true conscription has been invented anywhere in Glorantha.

But I think that the kind of conscription engaged in by the British (and most other Navies) in the RW before true mass conscription was invented in the French Revolutionary Wars is common. By that I mean, shanghai gangs, sweeping the jails for recruits, various forms of "forced" volunteering, and so on.
Essentially, it is random conscription, rather than true conscription. I wonder, Sandy, about the KOW of your description. If they don't have true conscription (in their case Universal Military Service) what do they have?

Jim Chapin

End of Glorantha Digest V3 #3