Elemental Sins

From: Eric G. Scharf <escharf_at_seattleu.edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 07:19:46 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 1 Jul 1996, Simon D. Hibbs wrote:

> Darkness seems in Glorantha to be associated with the emotions of fear
> and hunger, the two most primitive emotions (with lust as a close third,
> though that is more associated with earth powers). That is apropriate as
> darkness was the first and thus the most primitive element.

A bit of bald God Learnerism struck me; can we associate our RW "deadly sins" with Gloranthan Elemental Runes? Consider:

Darkness - Gluttony
Water - Sloth
Earth - Lust
Fire/Sky - Wrath
Air/Storm - Pride
Moon - Envy?
? - Greed

        Greed might belong to Earth, but Envy doesn't quite go with Moon. As Moon is a late-arriving Element, perhaps a new sin should be associated with it, such as Inconstancy or Sophistry (or are those sins associated with the Digest?). I know it's a force-fit, but that's what God Learners do best.