Happy Beginnings

From: Nick Brooke <100270.337_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 02 Jul 96 20:43:39 EDT

Let's start this new volume with some good karma:

I agree with pretty much everything Simon Hibbs said in V3 #1, FWIW.

Ken:
>> 3. The Lunar cults are represented in Sartar by competent, sincere, and often >> inspirational proselytizers of their faith.

Ingo:
> Absolutly IMO. As I would like to make clear with my writing the Lunars
> undermine the virtues of the Orlanths through such impressing people.

And Ken didn't even see my performance as Octavian Suppositorius, Chief Missionary of the Seven Mothers Cult in the Kingdom of Sartar...

Peter M:
> [Moons]: Nick Brooke has proposed this for the Baboon PoV about the
> Red Moon. Whether this actually disproves the possession of a dirty
> mind, I cannot say.

Lunar missionaries talk about Peace, and worship something shaped like the submissive buttocks of a baboon, commonly known as the "mooning position". What's more, Lunar worship (when they all roll out their prayer mats on Full Moon day) is *really* a ritual of exposing one's posterior to the world outside the Empire, not directing worship towards the "moon"-shaped orb at its centre. Ask any Baboon -- it's what they'll tell you! *All* human religion was learnt from the Baboons.

Pete M:
> Why are the Lunars good?

Read and believe "Talking to Moon Woman" from GoG. Then find another Gloranthan creed that's equally optimistic, forward-looking, progressive, inclusive, etc. All these "Chaos" arguments are misleading semantics, like smearing candidates with the "L Word", accusing us of holding women in common, alleging Thyestean Banquets and Oedipidean Intercourse, etc.

Mike C:
I agree re: conscription, for the record. My point was that chaps in red cloaks in "occupied" Sartar don't necessarily intend to oppress and enslave and deprave the inhabitants, even if their superiors do. Does that make murdering them in a cowardly and underhanded fashion OK? Or do you have to pretend they're Chaotic also, to take the bad juju off your actions?

Nick