Smiths

From: WillTwist_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 1996 04:22:29 -0400

    I picked up the end of this conversation, so this may have already been mentioned -- if so I apologize.

    It seems to me that the cult of the twins Caladara and Aurelion (write up in Different Worlds #15) would be one of the other prominant cults for human redsmiths and quite possibly blacksmiths. These are the gods which gifted the Mostali with firebone (coal) and earthblood (oil) to burn in their forges. They also created diamond (from which the Diamond Goblet was created and from that the Diamond Dwarves).

    Although smithing is not listed as a specific cult skill I could certainly see an argument for it being an important craft. With this cults links with the Mostali, I can even see knowledge of iron smithing having passed to certain artisans.

Will Johnson