Falangion Diamonds, Some other stuff

From: Harry Bowman <hbowman_at_Morgan.EDU>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 1996 06:18:23 -0400 (EDT)

Dear folks,

On a very light note: In the United States, there is a television show based on Star Trek called Deep Space Nine. On a recent episode, one character makes a clear reference to Falangion Diamonds. Question: where do these come from (real world myth, a book, etc.)? Is anyone aware of a connection between this show and RQ (writer who plays, etc.)?

I have been running a campaign in which about a dozen printed scenarios, including some from TotRM have been geographically and temporally ported, etc. into a long stream ending in the Pars an Golok region of Pamaltela (started in Prax, no surprise). Questions:

  1. Is anyone interested in seeing the sequence? (I suspect not)

Since the TotRM paints a broad stroke (at least) picture of Right Hand tribes, I have crafted more detail on at least one area.

        2. Is anyone interested in a detailed look at a RH tribe in Jolar?

The players have filed a tentative route for heading home. This route puts them heading toward some thinly developed areas. Some of these will remain so, but Pithadros will be detailed for play.

	3.  Is anyone interested in this material?
	4.  Has it already been developed by others?

Finally, someone mentioned the Three Bean Circus as a spirit which a player of Nomad Gods could summon at an Oasis. Is there more detail about this entity?

Hal Bowman hbowman_at_morgan.edu