Re: Berkeleyism in Glorantha

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idgecko.idsoftware.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 96 15:55:38 -0500

Peter M.
>Berkeleyism refers to *total* subjectivity whereas I don't think
anybody has >argued that Gods are solely determined by how their worshippers perceive them.

        As a matter of fact, Peter, I _have_ seem statements on the digest (recently, too) that basically say this. It's not a straw man, but an extreme position, lesser versions of which have harmed (IMO) Glorantha.
The fact that the Storm King God is seen differently by Orlanthi, East Islanders, Mermen, Kralori, and Dara Happans does not mean that his reality changes with every clime.

        The Storm King can be perceived differently by different folks, just as my wife, my daughter, my son, my boss, my co-worker perceive me differently. But there is still only one me.

End of Glorantha Digest V3 #6