Lunars in Sartar

From: Tschinke <Ingo>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 1996 23:32:33 +0200

Pam Carlson:

>Remember that the Lunar Army is quite varied. (From Nick and MOB in
>their "Lunar Army" con seminars.) Therefore, local occupation policy is
>varied, too. It's all MGF for _your_ Glorantha. You can have Lunar
>Army units who are Tarshite farm-boys vaguely sympathetic to the
>Sartarites, Tarshite tribesman eager to shaft their traditional
>Sartarite foes, scheming, lazy Lodrilli out to make some quick silver
>off the barbarians, or eager Cha-Un turning the countryside to ash. You
>can have them all within a twenty mile radius. Whatever your campaign
>needs.

I agree with you at most. IMO the Lunars in Sartar are so different as different folks of such a empire could be. In my Jonstown description I use very different types of such lunar units. Each for its own reason. The Char Un I have use a city miliz, because the lunar officials could be sure they would be so different from the sartarian people they would never ally themself with the sartarian people of this town. This danger could arise if the have taken for example tarshite foot soldiers. How the Lunars will represent themself depends on a lot of thinks you must try to hold in mind. It depends on

1. the leader of this unit
2. the political reason to use a unit on a tribe, city etc.
3. the religious reasons to reach something special or in generell
4. the political insight of the needs of Sartar of the governeur of Sartar,
the sartarps of the sartarian cities, the officers of military forts and so on For a gamemaster the Lunars can be as subtle, brutal, oppressing or deaf as he needs them for his campaign. IMO it is out of question if Lunars are generelly good or bad guys, they are different und multiculturell as such an great and successful empire could be.

cheers

Ingo

Ingo Tschinke              tschinke_at_nordwest.de
RuneQuest - Society        Schevemoorer Landstr. 33
                           28325 Bremen
                           Germany