Lodrilli soldiers

From: Carlson, Pam <carlsonp_at_wdni.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 1996 15:07:00 -0700

Cruising the archives, I found a comment by Joerg (?) about the MGF of putting Lunar soldiers from all over the empire in Sartar; Praxians, Carmanians, Dara Happans, etc. Specifically - have them not know a Theyalan language or Orlanthi customs to add to their foreignness. I concurr!

He then adds some piffle about Lodrilli soldiers (presumably from Heartland units - else they wouldn't be Lodrilli), overwhealmed by the sight of naked, screaming Orlanthi charging down on them. To which I say: old hat! That's what they signed up for! (Ok, that, and the free food.) The ancient war leader and good god Urvairinus taught humans how to fight in organized units, to combat just this sort of foe. According to legend, Urvairinus mopped up the ground with them. Ranks of Lodrilli spearmen have been standing against Orlanthi mobs for a thousand years. IMO, the naked warriors would inspire more ribald challanges than shouts of fear!

Another point - given the list of Glornanthans found in the Lunar Army: Rhinliddians, Red Landers, Dara Happans, Carmanians, Tarshites, Aggari, Grazers, Praxians, Pentans/ChaUn - which of them are going to be particulary keen on hauling Kralki about in cages, or cavorting with Chaos? Just because the higher-up Lunar ideologists back in Glamour spout philosophy about the all-embracing Goddess, or because the Goddess has a way of getting the better of horrid monsters and bending them to her cause, doesn't mean that many Soldiers in Red are going to accept a broo in their midst, no matter how well de-loused it is.

Pam