Doblian

From: Cheiron <cheiron_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 1996 16:56:08 -0700

I've recently started running a campaign centered around a dart war in the Lunar satrapy of Doblian. I was wondering if anyone has any official dirt of this the most sketchily described of Lunar satrapies (at least in the Genertela Book).

So far, I've portrayed it a quiet, extremely corrupt place, owing both to its position far away from any danger to the Empire, and to its Carmanian heritage (I assume Doblian is one of the satrapies carved out of Carmania during the founding of the Empire). In my game, being assigned duty in Doblian (especially Doblian City) is considered something of a cush job, so the local military and civilian establishment is full of loafers, losers, and Sgt. Bilko types. The ruling family is heavily connected with the Krasht Cult, the Lunar Magic College, and certain scaly aquatic lifeforms living in Lake Orinin (owing to their Carmanian origins). Any theories to support/undermine this? Any rumors? Any published sources I should buy at auction at the next Con for more money than I should really spend on a game? Let me know.

Robert

End of Glorantha Digest V3 #7