Re: Infection

From: Paul Pofandt <ppofandt_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 1996 11:59:49 +1000 (EST)

Jane Williams
>We're told all over the place that disease is vitally important
>wouldn't the real danger from injuries be infection?

"Of course, everyone knows that disease spirits are attracted to open wounds. The larger the wound, the larger the spirit that comes sniffin'.
And whatever it is on Broos that makes them so attrctive to disease spirits also get onto thier weapons, to rub off onto the wounds of thoes attacked by them. It draws the spirits like flies. Big ones too."

In my version of Glorantha, players often have small open wounds after battles. I don't allow spirit magic based heal spells to be used over and over again on a single wound, and I restrict the size of Healing spells to 4 points or less (usually 2-3). This leaves several open wounds on players after major battles and my players know that they'll have to defend themselves against the small (3-4 POW) spirits that are attracted to them. More of an anyance than anything else but if someone is severely weakened phisycally or spiritually, they might become infected.

If the opponents were Broos, then the attracted spirits are of a much larger size, and are corespondingly more dangerous.

... The fight doesn't end with the battle ...

Catch Ya.

        Paul.

"Say it with flowers...
                Send her a Triffid!"