Doblian

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 1996 20:19:44 +1200

Cheiron:

>I've recently started running a campaign centered around a dart war in
>the Lunar satrapy of Doblian. I was wondering if anyone has any
>official dirt of this the most sketchily described of Lunar satrapies
>(at least in the Genertela Book).

Well, the most famous event was that Harrek killed the Red Emperor there in a dart competition so the regulations by the local satrap are likely to be _very_ strict.

There is a serpent cult known as BernEel Arashagern that lives there. It's commonly thought to one of the six parts of Yelm (ie the Beast) but details of it remain obscure - it is perhaps an orgiastic fertility cult but not as ribald as Dorkath.

Doblian was known as Arir in the Olden Days and from its location, Only minor snippets are known in the Fortunate Succession, the Entekosiad and the GRAY, and these are mostly things like Emperor X fought the Ys here.

As well as a Pelandan culture, Doblian is also heir to the Naverian culture (matriachal - although it's more civilized than Pelanda), and the Darjiinians (polygyny).