Re: Glorantha Digest V3 #5

From: david_at_dboat.demon.co.uk
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 1996 11:48:07 +0000

Carlson, Pam

If the Lunar occupation of Sartar had lasted longer then I am sure they would have got around to the atrocities that you site. As to Lunars not destroy culture, I am sure that among the upper echelons they still have some vineer of it left but the once free peasants once ran the hill choosing thier own fate. During the summer thay could up stakes and go adventuering. Now the only thing they would proably get to in the summer was trek of in some empire sponsred pilgramges, you know a bit like the staged street shows in Norht Korea.

I would be the last one to say that all Lunars are black hearted scum. But thier attentions in Sartar is to replace the culture and culture is what defines the Orlanthi. I am not sure but in the later stages did the Empire not outight ban the Orlanthi cult. I can't rember the source but I have played in one campaign where this was defiantly the case.

Of course this maybe all wrong and what we are really seeing is NEW Empire.

From: "Martin King"

>Satarite rebels resisting the Lunar invasion.
>does have parallels in the RW e.g. Ireland. Terrorists/Freedom
>Fighters opposing the Govt/Invaders.

In no shape or form could the IRA be equated wiht Orlanthi Rebels. They are more like a faction of a faction of faction of a bunch of deranged Gagarthi.