Re: Glorantha Digest V3 #6

From: Guy Hoyle <guyhoyle_at_chrysalis.org>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 02:10:25 -0400

Quoth Sandy Petersen (he who spells it "Peterson" is in dire jeopardy):

> I have always understood that distilled liquors are a
>fairly modern invention on Earth, no? On the other hand, MGF may
>require hard booze in Glorantha. In which case I guess one of the
>Second Age magicotechnologically advanced civilizations must have
>invented it.

It is my understanding that distilled spirits are a product of the Renaissance, but I have no hard refernces; I do know that Old Bushmill's was first brewed in 1608, and it is one of the oldest continually-distilled liquors in the world.

| Guy G. Hoyle (guyhoyle_at_chrysalis.org)                                    |
| "Science does NOT remove the terror of the GODS!" (J.R. "Bob" Dobbs)     |