Stills in Dragon Pass

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 96 19:12 MET DST

Sandy assumed that som 2nd Age people would have developed distillation.

My bet are the EWF sorcerers who spent several generations profiting from the Alchemical Transformer. IMO some time during the EWF the Dwarf of Dwarf Mine (Isidilian) taught some humans the secret of making the water of life...

The Dragonkill amy have destroyed that tradition, quite likely, but I suppose an easier ancestor quest will have returned part of the secret. Add Orlanthi eagerness for intoxication by barley products (btw: do the DP Orlanthi know barley wine?) and you will get hidden stills as you had hidden smiths in earth's legends. (How about Glorantha and smiths living in backwater forests, with charcoalers and other supporters joining that backwater location? Do Gloranthans use charcoal? What for?)