Deadly Sins/Barntar/Kiling Lunars/Dart Wars/Lunars+Orlanthi/

From: SimonPhipp_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 19:58:34 -0400

>Darkness - Gluttony
>Water - Sloth
>Earth - Lust
>Fire/Sky - Wrath
>Air/Storm - Pride
>Moon - Envy?
>? - Greed

Surely Air/Storm is Wrath (Umath, Vadrus, Storm Bull, Ragnaglar, Gagarth etc) and Fire/Sky is Pride (Dayzatar/Yelm). The Malkioni could be Greed.

Peter Metcalfe:
> Ga[r]garth was written up in ToTRM#3 (or was it #4?). A brief Elmal
> cult writeup (for Pendragon Pass) on David Dunham's Web Page whereas
> Barntar is too unimportant to merit one.

The cult of all Orlanthi farmers too unimportant? Only if you think that all farmers worship Orlanth Thunderous instead.

Ian Whitchurch:
[Description of exacting wereguild payment for slain Lunar soldiers] Excellent idea - fits in well with the Orlanthi customs and Lunar fairness. Might even work.

Peter Metcalfe (Again):
> Well, the most famous event was that Harrek killed the Red Emperor
> there in a dart competition so the regulations by the local satrap
> are likely to be _very_ strict.

I thought that Harrek was hired by one clan in the Dart Wars, personally destroyed their rival clan, was so disgusted by what he had to do that he wiped out the first clan and then killed the Red Emperor for promoting and encouraging the Dart Wars. In my opinion, anything which disgusts Harrek in this way has to be admired, after all one would not expect him to be disgusted by a little bit of violence.

David Boatright:
> I am not sure but in the later stages did the Empire not outight ban the
Orlanthi cult.
The Lunars banned the worship of Orlanth in Prax, where he was weak, and of Storm Bull in Sartar, where he was weak. They would not dream of banning the worship of a major god in his stronghold - unless they were mad, of course.