Heaven & Hell

From: Martin King <mav_at_mail.iinet.net.au>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 11:24:49 +0800

Nick Brooke wrote

>From: Nick_Brooke_at_deloitte.touche.co.uk
>Date: Fri, 05 Jul 96 11:55:28 PST
>Subject: Lunars in Dragon Pass

>The Seven Mothers are real and so is their afterlife. And Orlanthi are
>welcome to convert, enjoy the benefits of the Lunar Way in the here
>and now, then gain admission to the celestial paradise of the Lunar
>Sphere in the hereafter. What's the problem?

Wouldn't the Lunar heaven be an Orlanthi Hell though. The place where all the Orlanthi children have been told that the Red Emperor and his despicable minions live, torturing any Orlanthi they might capture there.
And surely the Lunar afterlife doesn't include all your ancestors and clan founders. You would be there on your lonesome. Spending an eternity in Afterlife tainted with Chaos all because you sold out.

You were quite right not to rise to the IRA ruse. I take it back.

Simon Phipp wrote

>One of the characters in our campaign has united Balazar under a
>benign Yelmalian Kingship. He is now interested in expanding his
>influence into the Redlands, Jarst and Garsting.

Well you just hit on one of my pet projects; Garsting. Garsting is a blank land so there's no authoriative source on what's there. However looking at what surrounds it can give clues to what it's like. The Elf Sea is on the nth Eastern border I think. Not that much known about it except the prescence of HUGE fish detailed in Griffin Mtn. There's the Redlands to the Nth beyond the Sea. Pentians Sun Nomads. A bad place to expand into. Even the Lunar Empire has trouble with the pesky nomads.
Then there's the Mad Sultanate made by Jannisor a hero in the beginning of the Lunar Empire. Jannisor I'm sure was a mighty Lodril Hero. Apparently he was later erased by the Lunars but I have a cunning plan that explains his possible resurgence and resurrection in Garsting. As for the MAd Sultanate I'm sure it's a bit like Arkham Asylum ala Batman. Plenty of disturbing and ill people in there. Now that I think about it a good place for adventure. Problematic in that if you enter an occupant escapes. Some sort of conservation problem I guess.
What else is around there?

Regards
MK

End of Glorantha Digest V3 #13