Re: Sartar Resistance and Lunar Occupation

From: KenRolston_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 11:45:50 -0400

Erik Sieurin:
Your description of the Sartar resistance in 1604 is MOST persuasive. Your identification of your player characters as borderline nut cases is also familiar and persuasive. I much enjoyed the entire treatment.

Ian Whitchurch:
I accept with gratitude your embellishments upon my example scenario. Yes, of course the magistrate wanted the ideal of justice, and the overworked garrison showed a professional pragmatism in their execution of his demands. Outlawry is as you observe, and good thinking about the headcount. I overlooked the problem of questioning spirits of the victims. Wish I had a glib answer for that.

At the risk of bordering on rules talk, I have envisioned Truth spells as placing the caster in a state of grace [a sort of trance] for a period of time, at the end of which, after a little ritual and ceremony, the caster can state with absolute certainty those speakers who have perjured themselves, and thus offended the god. This extreme constraint on Truth magic comes from being a game designer who hates to spoil a good mystery plot with inconvenient magic spells.

Nick:
Thank you for reminding me of a sin of omission: I have never read Asterix. I will remedy this fault post haste.

To All on Sartar Resistance and Lunar Occupation: Read with great pleasure. Thanks to all. I credit this discussion, and recent happy hours reading David Dunham's web pages, with inspiration to launch a campaign.