HQing into past events

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 96 18:31 MET DST

Alex Ferguson forces me to paraphrase (or earn a yellow flag by Martin) my statement that I was hung up on the EotSA because Sandy described it as a crucial border across which a time-travel like heroquest was possible. (Now, this didn't save a single byte, nor make it more interesting...)

I agree that using the end of an Age as the one and only criterion to allow such heroquest would be arbitrary, and likely confusing too. The paradigm shift Alex proposes might be necessary for a "retro-active" quest, though - as long as the existing system is regarded as working, no need to change it through moving backwards, rather uphold it doing the (easier) rites everyone does.

>To say that it's magically a Good Thing that
>your civilisation fell apart N years ago, is counter-intuitive, and
>yeah, bass-ackwards.

Agreed. It also fails to explain things like the 7Moms Quest.

>The least said about HQ as time travel, the soonest mended. I refer
>here to the bones of any perpetrators I get my hands on at Convulsion.

Henk, will you be the referee again?