Relativity of the Gods

From: Scott Haney <scotty_at_olivia.cedar-rapids.ia.us>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 96 10:28:04 CDT

Someone (I forget whom. Forgive me, this has been a very busy and trying fortnight) asked if Sandy's children could, through behavior, change him into a raving monster...or if a god's worshippers could change their deity into something else.

I think not, although I'm certain that Sandy can rave when he wants to. :)

A major shift in personality is no small thing, and I doubt that any gad's worshippers could change that god simply by believing in the change. It would take a lot more than that....

Many years ago (about 10, I think), my mother tried to take her own life with a bottle of pills and most of a fifth of Yukon Jack (one of Minliste's less savory gifts). She survived, more or less...she fried up her brain. Spent a couple of years in the hospital.

There is now a strange woman roaming around in Mom's body. She's a VERY scary person, and the family has a rule that she is not to be left alone with anyone under the age of 14. She's almost completely different now.

What's the point of this story? It takes a MAJOR, BIG-TIME event to alter even a person's personality, let alone a god's. I doubt that anyone could deliberately alter a god to behave in a set way. (Note that Ragnaglar screwed *himself* up. I have no problems with the gods changing themselves.)

Scotty