Natural forge

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 12:51:19 -0700

From an article on the Chuya Steppe in the 5 Jul 96 Christian Science Monitor:

"A couple of miles away [from the shepherd's yurt], a 200-foot cliff stands
full face against the wind. It is honeycombed with caves and tunnels that were used as a primitive foundry to smelt metals, making use of the wind's blast as natural bellows.

"Local lore has it that Genghis Khan's warriors beat out their scimitars
and breastplates beneath this cliff. Archaeologists who have inspected the site are skeptical. The waste left by the ancient smiths is a millenium and a half older than the Horde, they say, and was more likely forged by Scythian tribemen before the time of Jesus."

There has to be a place like this on Glorantha. The cliff makes me think of Third Eye Blue, though the steppes make me think Pent.

End of Glorantha Digest V3 #14