HQ and altering the present

From: Curtis Shenton <curtiss_at_netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 21:38:00 -0700 (PDT)

> Scott Haney said:
> Subject: Relativity of the Gods
>
> Someone (I forget whom. Forgive me, this has been a very busy and
> trying fortnight) asked if Sandy's children could, through behavior,
> change him into a raving monster...or if a god's worshippers could change
> their deity into something else.
>
> A major shift in personality is no small thing, and I doubt that any gad's
> worshippers could change that god simply by believing in the change.
> It would take a lot more than that....

But what if the heroquesters went out and sought out Sandy's evil twin Ydnas? If the questers had the "right" myths(maps on the heroplane) to find someone's evil twin, shadow, or whatever they could seek this other self out and then start introducing it into the Sandy myths. So eventually people would know about the world famous game designer who developed CoC, Doom, and cut off his hair to play a troll named Ydnas. Or maybe it wouldn't quite work out as intended and the Sandy myth would be the myth of two brothers one who developed roleplaying games and one who developed computer games and some of Sandy's kids would now be Ydnas's kids.
- --
Curtis Shenton curtiss_at_netcom.com internet & 4@3091 WWIVnet