Orlanthi vs. Lunars

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cs.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 00:10:53 +0800

>Re: Honourable Orlanthi vs Good Lunars
>The most interesting fact about this discussion is the fervor with
>which the debattants present their views. It seems to be not ONLY
>done to present the in-game arguments. You guys really love the
>Orlanthi or the Lunars, respectively.

        Actually, while I am obviously fond of the Lunars, I am also very fond of the Orlanthi. Its because I am fond of the Orlanthi, and I believe in an Orlanthi society with a strong legal system, commitment to justice, and love of life, that I am argueing against the view that the Orlanthi are all terrorist snipers waiting to happen. Its also because I think people tend to underestimate the degree of dissension and disagreement within a society. Most of the vocal pro-Lunar people here (me, Nick, Pam, for example) are also fond of the Orlanthi and play and/or GM in Orlanthi campaigns.

        Cheers

                David