Harrek and Moonson

From: Nick Brooke <100270.337_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 08 Jul 96 02:35:11 EDT

Kiwi Peter:

> Considering that Harrek managed to kill the Red Emperor makes him
> _more_ than a 'still young' mercenary in those days.

In my own stories, Yolanela, the Taloned Countess of Spol, will have had a hand in arranging this assassination. Her involvement would certainly up the chances of a young barbarian successfully offing Moonson, and an encounter with this black sorceress could also go a way towards explaining Harrek's hatred of Lunar civilisation.

I don't believe "one nasty experience" turned Harrek against the Lunars. I think we're looking at a gut reaction against the whole richly decadent and hypercivilised shebang.

Nick