Re: Minlister and Bees

From: Loren Miller <loren_at_wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1996 12:45:47 EST

Peter Michaels writes of Minlistics:
> Requirements:

<snip>
> Successful applicants take an oath never to harm a bee.

Then how would they ever manage to gather honey from the hive to make mead? Would they hire Eurmali to harvest honey and thus cause untold damage to the hive? I think this vow is unrealistic. Rather, I'd say that minlister initiates vow to serve no brew that discredits the name of the cult, nor shall they reveal brewing secrets to outsiders. What are brewing secrets? Probably specialized yeast strains (aka cult spirits) and extra-special recipes, and maybe even water treatments to produce soft water from hard. This way everybody can make beer and ale, but minlistics make the best.

End of Glorantha Digest V3 #17