more relativity

From: Scott Haney <scotty_at_olivia.cedar-rapids.ia.us>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 96 11:50:32 CDT

& From: curtiss_at_netcom.com (Curtis Shenton)
&
& But what if the heroquesters went out and sought out Sandy's evil twin
& Ydnas? If the questers had the "right" myths(maps on the heroplane) to
& find someone's evil twin, shadow, or whatever they could seek this other
& self out and then start introducing it into the Sandy myths.

I think that presumes that there is something resembling an evil twin out there to start. And sure, they could work it into the Sandy myths. And sure, they could worship it, eventually to the exclusion of Sandy. But does that change Sandy? I tend to think not.

& So
& eventually people would know about the world famous game designer who
& developed CoC, Doom, and cut off his hair

CUT OFF HIS HAIR? BLASPHEMY! :)
& to play a troll named Ydnas.
& Or maybe it wouldn't quite work out as intended and the Sandy myth would
& be the myth of two brothers one who developed roleplaying games and one
& who developed computer games and some of Sandy's kids would now be
& Ydnas's kids.

Changing the myth is NOT the same as changing the god (although I admit that the worshippers may not be able to tell the difference).

Of course, that's based on my current myth. :)

& From: SimonPhipp_at_aol.com
&
& By the way, can we try to keep RW religious slanging matches off the Digest
& and stick to Gloranthan religious slanging matches? Thanks.
&

Well, I tried `Harstafarians' once, but nobody was insulted. I may have to stick with `frog-faced heathen Yelmalians.'

Scotty

Scott Haney scotty_at_olivia.cedar-rapids.ia.us A pound of salt will not sweeten a single cup of tea.