Lunars ain't no freaking Nazis

From: Loren Miller <loren_at_wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1996 18:22:27 EST

David Boatright <david_at_dboat.demon.co.uk> raves more than a little in response to Pam Carlson:
> >>Hmm. You do have a low opinion of the Lunars! I was using those
> >>examples to show how the Lunars must think they are being paragons
> >>of kindliness. And the clever ones would use Ian Whitchurch's
> >>suggestions.
>
> Oh so the Nazis where being kind when they mainly kept there genocidal
> policy to killing ethinc\relegious minorities in Poland.

For your information it is a long tradition that resorting to Nazi analogies in an argument on the internet is an admission that your position is untenable and indefensible. Game, set, and match to Pam.

> > I think the Lunar reason for occupying
> >Sartar is to hold the magical land of Dragon Pass, and to gain access
> >to the southern seas.

> I would to check Pam but I hope you
> are not one of the presenting the reason for Lunar expansion is to
> spread their so called enlightened religion. They do not need to
> occupy sea cost to send out missionaries.

But they need to occupy Sartar to have a road to Esrolia, and they need to occupy Esrolia to exploit its incredible riches, including its sea-ports. That piffle about lunar expansion being driven by missionary work is worth what you pay for it: Nothing. Who has more money to outfit military expansion? 7 Mothers types, or Merchant Houses? There's your answer. Watch the flow of money.