gloranthan metals

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idgecko.idsoftware.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 96 15:14:18 -0500

Joerg B.
>Pure metals no longer are special, and only iron requires
>enchantments to avoid magic inhibition.

        I don't know where Joerg got this. Pure metals are _still_ special, are _still_ often termed "Rune Metals", and are _still_ able to strike lycanthropes etc. when enchanted.

        In addition, most metals have some special feature. For instance, unenchanted Silver is able to strike lycanthropes, unlike any other metal.

        No metal but iron has the magic inhibition effect, true enough, but all other metals require enchantment to bring them to the hardness of Bronze. Otherwise a gold or silver blade is less than worthwhile.

Sandy p.