Re: Yelornans & Yelm

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idgecko.idsoftware.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 96 12:04:28 -0500

Peter M.
>From what I know, the Unicorn Tribe has been in Prax from the
>earliest times and Yelorna came there from Ralios after the Dawn.

        True enough. Though I don't think Yelorna came from Jarst, I _do_ believe that the Unicorn Tribe has actually been exterminated more than once in the past, and been "reborn" (by the efforts of the unicorns). Thus, it is still the same tribe, but a hiatus exists here and there in the history.

David Cake
>Yelm [gives] pretty poor access to magic until you reach Imperator

        Hrm? Yelm provides excellent magic as far as I can make out. If you consider that you get to sacrifice for not only your own cult, but all your allied cults, Yelm has a huge variety of spells available.

YELM'S ALLIED CULTS -- Chalana Arroy, every City God in Dara Happa, Dayzatar, Dendara, Golden Bow, Hyalor Horsebreaker, Lodril, Lokarnos, Lorian, Oslir, Ourania, Pelora, Polaris, Voria, Vrimak, Yelmalio, Yelorna

ORLANTH'S ALLIED CULTS -- Chalana Arroy, Storm Bull, Ernalda, Eurmal, Heler, Issaries, Kolat, Lhankor Mhy, Valind, and a few others.

The only god comparable to Yelm in the breadth of his organization and allies is Pamalt. Of course, on the other hand, Pamalt's own spells and abilities are rather meagre compared to Orlanth's or Yelm's -- Pamalt's power comes from his friends, not himself. But this is the nature of Pamalt.

PAMALT'S ALLIED CULTS -- Aleshmara, Chalana Arroy, Cronisper, Duala, Faranar, Hondori Mal, Jmijie, Keraun, Kuangoa, all the Land Goddesses, Lodril, Lokomal, Noruma, Nyanka, the Plant Brothers, Rasout, Sikasso, "Sikkanos" *, Vangono, Yanmorla, and numerous smaller sects (technically spirit cults, such as Ankylosaur, etc.)

Sandy