Re: Boy am I lost

From: Eric Rowe <rowe_at_CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 1996 01:57:03 -0700

>From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idgecko.idsoftware.com>
>
>I propose we appoint a "Bringing Up To Speed" committee from
>amongst the members of the Digest. Here are the steps I suggest we
>follow.

An excellent idea. I'm sure we can implement some form of this.

> * Someone to get Chaosium's permission. Any
>volunteers? I won't do it, because I'm going on vacation for three
>weeks, and it'll probably take several cycles of e-mail to
>accomplish.

Well, since I'm Director of Sales and Marketing at Chaosium why don't I try and get our permission. Unfortunately, I'm also going on the same merry multi-week vacation. If we can put in an extra hour at Convulsion with Greg, I'm sure we can come up with something.

> * Anyone else who can think of stuff I've missed

The needs and availablility of product will be determined by AHs and Chaosium's current plans.

> * A final arbiter of just what's _essential_ to
>understanding Glorantha, etc. (i.e., what stuff falls into
>categories A, B, and C in Step 4, above). I'd like to state that
>this person needs to be running an active campaign, as he'll have a
>good idea as to what a game needs. He also needs to be a reasonable
>guy whom all of us respect, and who rarely takes outlandish
>controversial positions. I nominate Dave Dunham as final arbiter.

Which then goes through a permission phase.

See lots of you in England.

Eric Rowe