BUTS and Uisge

From: robertson_at_delphi.intel.com
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1996 15:07:56 -0700

I can volunteer my (pretty) complete library, I have almost all published material from Chaosium (some of the old Mercenaries & Militia-type items and Balastor's Barracks I never bothered to pick up). It helps that my friends helped play-test it and gave me my copy of the 1st ed rules...

  Strong drink - don't call it uisge, that drives me nuts. Uisge is gaelic for Water, plain ol' H-2-O. Uisge Beatha is the water of live, like Aqua Vita, etc. if you don't like to call whisky "whisky", the try Uisge Beatha, pronounce sort of like "Oo-ish-ke-ba", accent on the Oo (astute readers will notice that "ooishke" (water) when slurred, sounds a little like Whisky).

   One of my nit-picks with Parke Godwin's Firelord is that Arthur goes and gets blasted out of his mind on Uisge. Now *that* is a man that has a drinking problem!

Roderick