BUTTS

From: David B. Henderson <db.henderson_at_dcs.napier.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 12:35:06 +0100 (BST)

Just to add my voice to the chorus, I think the Bringing Up To Top Speed
(better acronym) Campaign is a great idea. I always wondered about the
possibility of reprinting useful but unavailable stuff (such as Tales 7, if Mr Hall is reading), even if it had to be paid for, but copyright and logistics seemed to preclude it.

With the fairly close-knit core Runequest community, and the rarity of original sources, the situation with Glorantha is special wrt frex D+D or Traveller (although if anyone has D3: Vault of the Drow, I'll pay money
(mine was nicked by a 'friend')). Glorantha has a continuity, despite
Gregging, which means that earlier sources are extremely useful for understanding current products. If you want to get beyond a superficial understanding of Glorantha, all sorts of obscure things are needed. I am lucky in having a reasonable collection, but some stuff has been out of print for 15 years, I think, which leaves me floundering when people on the Digest refer to it.

I am more than happy to share my resources with anyone I can trust, or copy things if permission is given. The problem up until now has been locating material and not infringing copyright.

Therefore, in closing, let me say that I will happily participate in any initiative to grant access to older materials, to the extent of making a donation to cover costs if required. Not altogether altruistic, but what's good for Glorantha is good for me.

David H. (The Other One)

PS: Excellent fiction round here lately. And just another word of thanks to RMM for their part in the Resurrection of Glorantha.