Greek parallell

From: nilsw_at_ibm.net
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 96 20:37:43 +0000

Jane Williams:
>Another random thought: should we also be comparing with Heroic
>Age Greece? Trojan War, that sort of thing? Clan based, pantheons,
>heroes wandering off doing their thing

Mark Smylie:
{Excellent points not quoted}
>The parallel isn't exact, obviously, but it does seem as though
>there's some room for exploration there.

This is really interesting. This is after all one of my favourite ancient real world cultures. I really should use more greek myths for inspiration.

I actually once did run a scenario which was based on the story of the Trojan war. The achaeans and trojans were feuding clans in Esrolia and the incident which sparked the open conflict was the abduction of an achaean woman. Well, you know the story.

The scenario wasn't entirely successful since none of the PCs were locals and thus had no vested interest. It was long ago so I'm not quite sure of the turns, but I think it was the PCs who finally alerted the Pharaoh, so he came in and broke up the climactic duel between 'Achilleus' and 'Hektor'.

| Nils Weinander          	| Everything is dust in the wind
| Office: nils_at_carasoft.se	|
| Home: nilsw_at_ibm.net     	|