Bad gamers

From: Martin Crim <mcrim_at_erols.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 20:25:29 -0400 (EDT)

John Brown writes:
>6) We have a guy in our group who constantly re-writes his character sheet
>and every time he transfers his stuff over to the new sheet, his skills
>improve without making experience rolls. When he does make rolls (experience
>and otherwise), he lies about his rolls. He's got percentile dice that are
>very hard to read and he is constantly rolling dice so that we never know
>when he is rolling for real. My question is: Has anybody else had a similar
>experience and what did you do about it? (talk to me philosophically. I want
>to know if anybody does things like kill the offender's character off, etc.)

There's no hope for scum losers like that. Kick him out of the gaming group immediately if you want to save the group. Otherwise, he'll ruin the group for everyone.

You could TRY not letting anyone have their character sheets, and making all the skill rolls yourself. Too much work, IMO.

I've only seen one or two cheaters in RPG's, and I never invited them to another game. Remember: Cheaters never win (because their "wins" are false); winners never cheat.