Re: Glorantha Digest V3 #49

From: Carl Fink <carlf_at_panix.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 19:47:48 -0400

Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>:

>The chief problem I have here is that I don't know of any RW social
>system which has a closed nobility which was defined by exclusive
>worship of a ruling god and the masses worshipping a cluster of gods
>who are subject to the ruling god.

So what? Glorantha is NOT the "real world".

>To say that Yelm is the ruling god via magic or because all the
>Other Gods acknowlege Yelm is missing the point (not that you have
>made this argument). The Nobles must have some *backup* to enforce
>their will in case of a social crisis.

Yes, and it's MAGICAL backup. People who try to make someone else the ruling god fail for MYTHIC reasons, not political ones. - --

Dueling Modems, Inc.                    http://www.sfrt.com/sfrt/
"As the most participatory form of mass speech yet developed, the Internet deserves the highest protection from government intrusion."