Garhound

From: Michael Raaterova <michael.raaterova.7033_at_student.uu.se>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 1996 17:49:28 +0100

Hi all -

The discussion about pantheon initiation seems productive. Its going to be interesting too see if we manage to create some mechanics for how it should work and what the effects of it are.

But right now i have another problem. I'm starting a new campaign in good old Prax and i desperately need info on Garhound. I suspect there are at least a few people who have campaigns in that area, and who probably have done some background on the environs.

The town of Garhound is said to have 866 inhabitants by Jaxarte Whyded. Does this number include children? Regardless of that, there are anyhow a lot of rural people needed to support the town if we go by the 10% urban rule.

Even if only part of the inhabitants of Garhound are 'Garhounders' and the rest are self-supporting lunars and sun domers, it leaves quite a lot of rural people who are dependants of Sir Davis Garhound.

How are these people organised? Are they all part of the Garhound 'Clan' or are they client-clans of a much smaller Garhound Family?

Or are the farmers and herders of the Garhound lands all organised in separate families who owe 'allegiance' semi-feudally to the Garhound clan/family?

Regardless, i would like to have names of prominent families and family members, and their relative status, and if they have feuds with other families, and for what reasons.

Also interesting is the mythical make-up. How big an influence are the sun domers and the lunars, and in what ways?

If you have done some writing on this i would very much like to have it.

Thanks in advance.