Boy Am I Lost (Bail?)/BUTTS

From: owner-glorantha_at_hops.wharton.upenn.edu
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 19:15:10 -0400

Aloha All,

After settling down and ridding myself of that greed passion spirit (I was low on MP casting Sleep on my baby girl, Jadzia Nerys). I still would like to help in getting this together as I for one do not think Glorantha is dead. True some may not play it using RQ rules, and others use RQ4-like (I prefer to call them 3.5) rules which add in some ideas here and there. But this is not only about playing the game but discovering the world of Glorantha and it is doing fine by me.

David Henderson:
<<Just to add my voice to the chorus, I think the Bringing Up To Top Speed
(better acronym) Campaign is a great idea. I always wondered about the possibility of reprinting useful but unavailable stuff (such as Tales 7, if Mr Hall is reading), even if it had to be paid for, but copyright and logistics seemed to preclude it.>>

That is a better acronym BTW. Anything from the fanzines that is out of print would be great to consider. I (not having some of the older Tales, as well as some other oop stuff) can feel some frustration in keeping up with some of the more well stocked scholars here, imagine what a newbie with just some of the few things suggested to Paul for the past few digests. If I feel someone would be interested in Glorantha, I try and make available what I can (like some of the stories presented here on the list) as well as the material I have collected (I have some of the real old stuff) to make their interest grow.

David Henderson (again):
<<Glorantha has a continuity, despite Gregging, which means that earlier
sources are extremely useful for understanding current products. If you want to get beyond a superficial understanding of Glorantha, all sorts of obscure things are needed. I am
lucky in having a reasonable collection, but some stuff has been out of print for 15 years, I think, which leaves me floundering when people on the Digest refer to it.>>

Exactly and Sandy's idea is the perfect way for us to help people understand and enjoy Glorantha, rather than get annoyed and abandon it.

Now, as for making things available. I understand that some people are having a hard time getting hold of "King of Sartar", I was actually unaware it was so hard to get ahold of because this little old store has always had it. Here is the name and address:

Just for Fun
Stadium Mall
4510 Salt Lake Bl Suite B8
Honolulu, HI 96818
Phone# 808-487-3426
Ask for Steven

Also, I know that about 6 months back, Avalon Hill had quite a few (quoting someone on the phone) "more than 20" copies of Dragon Pass available. The problem I had getting ahold of a new mint copy (I was told by the online AOL AH rep that they had "some in the back") was that I got more than a  different answer regarding what they had and how much it was, etc everytime I called. Some told me they only had that parts, others told me it would cost $100 (I had an old copy and did not need a new one THAT bad). Finally I got ahold of who seemed to actually be interested in selling something instead of getting me off the phone with a how dare I make them work attitude!

Scott
aka
Delecti_at_aol.com